Internet has become an inevitable part of our everyday lives, and it is highly integrated in our working and home environment. This has created opportunities for the majority, but a huge obstacle for people with disabilities who cannot properly access all parts of the web. Digital accessibility has therefore become necessary. Digital Accessibility is the ability of a website, mobile application or electronic document to be easily navigated and understood by a wide range of users, including those users who have temporary or permanent visual, auditory, motor or cognitive disabilities.
ERASMUS+ Certified Digital Accessibility Training project started in September 2018 in order to meet the specifications of the European legislation, Directive (EU) 2016/2102 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies, which directs that all websites and mobile apps of public sector need to be accessible to all by the year 2020. The project includes 6 partnering organizations from four participating European countries: Slovenia, Poland, Greece, and Spain. These partners have been developing a specialized digital accessibility training, which will be offered to diverse groups of key stakeholders as a response for increasing labor market needs for expert in the field of digital accessibility in Europe.
The project will develop specialized courses for following job roles:
- Digital Accessibility Manager;
- Digital Accessibility Tester;
- Web developer with expertise in digital accessibility; and
- Web designer with expertise in digital accessibility.
The modules developed for these courses will be:
- Introduction to Digital Accessibility;
- Managing digital accessibility;
- Web developing for digital accessibility;
- Web designing for digital accessibility;
- Implementation of digital accessibility; and
- Evaluation of digital accessibility.
Main project outputs will be:
- O1. Digital accessibility skills framework & job roles analysis
- O2. Training curriculum & Certification methodology
- O3. Development of inovative training modules
- O4. Accessible learning platform
- C1. Train the Trainer event
- E1-E3. 3 Digital accessibility forums
- E4. Final international conference on Digital Accessibility
General Project Information
- Project Title: Certified Digital Accessibility Training
- Acronym: DigitalAccessibility
- Project ID: 2018-1-SI01-KA202-047103
- Programme: ERASMUS+ Cooperation for innovation and the exchage of good practices, Partnerships for vocational education and training
- Start Date: Sep 1, 2018
- End Date: Feb 28, 2021
- Project Coordinator: INUK Inštitut za napredno upravljanje komunikacij, Maribor, Jadranska cesta 27, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
- Uniwersytet Przyrodniczo-Humanistyczny W Siedlcach, Poland,
- Univerza v Mariboru, Slovenia,
- Soluciones Tecno-Profesionales Consulting, Spain,
- Centrum Zrownowazonego Rozwoju HORYZONTY, Poland,
- Nikoletta Georgogianni Best Cybernetics Single Member Private Company, Greece.